Monday 18 August 2014

Movie Night Party

Summer is almost over and everyone's off to University so it was the perfect excuse to have my very own Movie Night Party!
After scouring Pinterest and looking at countless blogs, I finally gathered the perfect ingredients for this movie bonanza!

In my garden we have a cabin which late last year spontaneously combusted (quite literally, the firemen have no idea what caused it). However, with the structure still intact I decided to make it my ambition to turn it into the perfect venue for my movie night. I scrubbed, painted and helped my dad build a new door and window frame until finally it was worthy of a great night in. Below are the before and after shots.

The massive fire engine that took up the whole drive!

BEFORE

AFTER


~~~

As you can see, to make my cabin look super cosy I firstly laid down duvet covers and hundreds of blankets all over the floor to make it comfy to sleep on. I then used more duvet covers to act as the backs of chairs (see 2nd picture) and scattered cushions along them and the back wall, meaning we didn't get any neck strain whilst watching the movies. To make the cabin even more cosy, I added fairy lights at each end and put some bunting along the shelving units. 

Now every party needs some nibbles and what would a movie night be without popcorn!? As well as standard salty popcorn I also made a batch of Cinnamon Chocolate Popcorn which I found on the website popcorn.org which has hundreds of flavours both sweet and savoury! To make my popcorn even more special, I bought some plastic cups to dispense the popcorn into and also added bowls of sweets to add to the popcorn. Of course we also had to have a nice hot chocolate, topped with squirty cream and mini marshmallows! 







~~~

We ate, had pillow fights and cowered behind cushions during the scary movies and although we didn't get to sleep till 2 am, I would do it again in a heartbeat! 
I hope this has inspired you to have your own movie night. Feel free to share your comments and tell me if you had your own movie night! Thanks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment